15 Dangerous Foods for Dogs Part One

Do you have a dog at home? You must really love your dog, right? Giving food can be one of the love languages that you give to pets.

However, not all food consumed by humans can be consumed by dogs. While very tasty to humans, some foods are deadly to dogs. Here is the explanation of 15 dangerous foods in Singapore that you should never give to your dog.

  1. Chocolate

Who doesn’t love chocolate? The sweet and soft taste is very delicious when it melts in the mouth. However, you should never give chocolate to your dog.

The caffeine and theobromine in chocolate can cause vomiting, dehydration, abdominal pain, severe agitation, muscle tremors, irregular heart rhythms, high body temperature, and seizures in dogs. Eating chocolate for dogs can cause death.

  • Cow’s Milk

Unlike humans, dogs do not have enzymes that can break down milk sugar. This causes the dog to vomit, have diarrhoea, and experience other digestive problems when drinking cow’s milk.

In addition, consumption of cow’s milk can increase the likelihood of exposure to serious bacteria in dogs that can cause illness.

  • Cheese

Cheese is one of the most common dairy products added to some foods. Cheese contains sugars and fats found in milk that dogs cannot digest.

Cheese and other dairy products can cause gas, diarrhoea, and vomiting when consumed in excess.

  • Onion

Food that has a distinctive aroma and is often used as a spice in various dishes turns out to contain compounds that can damage red blood cells in dogs.

This can make them weaker and lazy to move. If your dog eats too many onions, your dog may need a blood transfusion.

  • Macadamia Nuts

It is not known exactly what content is in macadamia nuts. However, eating these nuts can cause dogs to experience weakness and paralysis, particularly in their hind legs.

In addition, vomiting, depression, tremors, and hypothermia are other side effects of consuming macadamia nuts.

  • Garlic

Garlic is one of the most toxic food ingredients for dogs. Garlic is even more toxic than other types of onions. Garlic contains compounds that can make them tired and reluctant to move.

You will find the dog’s urine colour orange to dark red. In severe cases, a blood transfusion may be required.

  • Grape

Although fresh, grapes and raisins are not edible for dogs. It’s not known exactly what specific ingredients are in grapes that make them dangerous for dogs.

However, grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure. Not only that, this fruit can make dogs dehydrated, lose their appetite, vomit or have diarrhoea so that dogs are lethargic and weak.

Death from kidney failure in dogs can occur within three to four days.

Bill Hoffman

Related post